Education in Brazil
- Ph.D. in Business Administration (EAESP/FGV). Dissertation on Product Development.
- M.Sc. in Business Administration (EAESP/FGV). Thesis on Risk Management.
- M.Sc. in Structural Engineering (EPUSP). Thesis on qualitative models.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering (EPUSP).
Research and teaching activities in Brazil
- 1979-98 - Escola Polictecnica da Universidade de Sao Paulo (Sao Paulo)
- 1997 - EAEASP- Fundacao Getulio Vargas (Sao Paulo)
- since 1998 - Universidade Federal do Parana-DAGA (Curitiba, Parana)
- 1979-98 Strenght of Materials, Experimental analysis of structures (EPUSP).
- 1997 Production Management (EAESP/FGV)
- since 1998 Project Management, Production Management, Product Development, Logistics Management (UFPR, Department of Administration).
Research program in foreign institutions
- 1992 Fulbright Scholar at Indiana University (Dept. of Marketing), and Cornell University (College of Human Ecology), USA.
- 1996 Visiting Scholar at TUD, Dept. of Technology Management & Marketing.
- since Aug. 2005 Visiting Scholar at IAO, Fraunhofer Institut, Stuttgart, Germany.
- since Aug. 2005 Visiting Professor: Technical University of Darmstadt (TUD), Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre/ Immobilienwirtschaftslehre & Baubetriebswirtschaftslehre.
Some topics of interest at present
Project management (PM)
- Project controlling
- Quantitative tools applied to PM
- Managing projects at the organization strategic level
- Resource management
- Risk management
Innovation management (IM)
- Feasibility studies
- Competitive strategies
- Cost management
- Relationship management
Product development (PD)
- Design management
- QFD and quality tools applied to PD
- Simmulation techniques applied to PD
Operations management and Logistics (OML)
- Supply Chain Management
- Topics of production management